Local Business fire
Crews fighting the mulch fire at Green Stream Recycling
Green Stream Recycling had a mulch pile catch fire on Monday, June 26th. Although the place was a total loss, we seen an opportunity to help our local firefighters while they fought this blaze. We dropped off four truck loads of gatorade and water for them to stay hydrated. Many of the firefighters came straight from work to fight the fire. So they had no food or drinks. Many of the fire departments were there for many hours running tanker trucks to deliver water from the local river. They reported that over 1 Million gallons of water was transported to put the fire out. We appreciate everything our local fire departments do and risk their lives everyday. We figured this was the least we could to show our appreciation and stay out of the way to let them do what they needed to do. Again, we thank you guys for your heroic acts and glad everybody did it safely!
Helping Schools provide clean, healthy environments for our children
Educational institutions can depend on SERVPRO of South Elkhart County for fast, thorough service in the event of fire, water or mold damage. With 24- hour emergency response, SERVPRO of South Elkhart County provides mitigation, cleanup and restoration services to reduce recovery costs and to help ensure minimal interruption to your curriculum. Expert cleaning for emergencies or special needs extends routine janitorial capabilities, including stain removal, upholstery and drapery dry cleaning, indoor air quality and vandalism cleanup. SERVPRO of South Elkhart County has trained certified technicians to clean and sanitize building materials, surfaces and contents following restoration industry standards, using professional cleaning products and EPA registered cleaners and disinfectants.
For all your cleaning and restoration needs call (574)533-2500 or go to the webpage www.SERVPROsouthelkhartcounty.com
SERVPRO of South Elkhart County proudly serves Elkhart counties residents and businesses with a cost effective way to clean all those pesky ducts. Unlike the majority of duct cleaning services, SERVPRO of South Elkhart County uses a Portable Ventilation & Air Duct Cleaning System to examine ductwork and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust and grime.
The duct cleaning process works as follows:
- The process begins by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct's shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97% of particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the environment clean.
- As an optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
For all your Duct Cleaning needs give SERVPRO of South Elkhart County a call at (574)533-2500 or go to the webpage www.SERVPROsouthelkhartcounty.com
Clean Homes Sell Faster
It is a fact that clean, fresh smelling homes sell the fastest. It is also a fact that unfortunately not all people keep a clean home. SERVPRO of South Elkhart County has all the experience and equipment to make any house sellable.
Veteran realtors encourage clients to keep their homes in tip top shape for a few VERY important reasons:
- Increased market value
- Shortened list to sale conversion times
- Enhanced reputation for quality listings and quick sales
SERVPRO of South Elkhart County offer a variety of services to help revive your listings to top show condition:
- Carpet, Upholstery, Drapery and Blind Cleaning
- Ceiling, Wall and Hard Floor Cleaning
- Duct & HVAC Cleaning
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
For all your cleaning and repair needs call SERVPRO of South Elkhart County at (574)533-2500 or go to our web page www.SERVPROsouthelkhartcounty.com
Timing is Everything
Water leaks within a business can seep into flooring, carpets, baseboards and walls while moving throughout the structure, potentially creating mildew and staining walls. Quick action is critical in avoiding costly repairs and expensive downtime. SERVPRO of South Elkhart County understands that a water damage event can not only disrupt your facility, it can also interrupt day-to-day business functions possibly closing the business and ultimately affecting your revenues.
LEAK PREVENTION TIPS
Regularly check the following items for leaks: EXTERIOR
- Check roofing for deterioration.
- Check gutters and down spouts for blockages.
- Check basements and crawl spaces for moisture.
- Check appliances in the break room and cafeteria.
- Check sinks and toilets in the restroom.
- Check HVAC for leaks and blockages.
For all your water and restoration needs call (574)533-2500 or go to the webpage www.SERVPROsouthelkhartcounty.com
What SERVPRO of South Elkhart County can do for you
Mold in this basement took over everything.
Service Response Guidelines
- Within 1 hour from notice of loss, SERVPRO of South Elkhart County will contact you to arrange for services
- Within 4 hours SERVPRO of South Elkhart County will be on-site to start mitigation services.
- Within 8 business hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to you by SERVPRO of South Elkhart County.
SERVPRO of South Elkhart County are qualified but not limited to the following
- Fire, Smoke and Soot Cleanup and Restoration
- Water Removal and Dehumidification
- Crime Scene, Biohazard and Vandalism Cleanup
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Contents Claim and Inventory Services
- Air Duct and HVAC Cleaning
- Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaning and Care
- Stain Removal, Stain Resistance Applications
- Odor Identification and Deodorization
- Upholstery and Drapes: Wet or dry Cleaning Methods
For all Your Fire, Water and Restoration needs call (574)533-2500 or go to the webpage www.SERVPROsouthelkhartcounty.com
Water Damage Response Tips
Even the smallest of water damages has the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time. The key to not having very costly future restoration is to handle every water problem as a real threat to your property. The two primary components of a proper water restoration are:
- FAST ACTION
- THOROUGH DRYING
The checklist goes as follows:
- Identify the source of the water and take immediate steps to stop further intrusion.
- Remove as much water as possible with a mop and blotting.
- Wipe excessive water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and other table items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and carpet.
- Remove Oriental rugs or other rugs form wet wall-to-wall carpets.
- Do not leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors.
- Avoid the use of all electric power tools and devises while standing on wet carpets or floors.
- For Services "Like it never even happened" call SERVPRO of South Elkhart County for all your Fire, Water and Restoration needs.
Call at (574)533-2500 or go to the webpage www.SERVPROsouthelkhartcounty.com
What To Do Until Help Arrives
- Limit movement in the facility to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between office furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Clean any electrical equipment.
- Send clothing to the dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor in to the clothing.
SERVPRO of South Elkhart County has all of your needs covered. Call us at (574)533-2500 or go to our webpage at http://www.SERVPROsouthelkhartcounty.com. Let us be the one to help you make it like it never even happened.
This is what mold can do when left untreated.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals handle water damages every day and know prompt action is required to prevent mold growth. Mold is more likely to spread when an environment has been subject to moisture for a long period of time. If your property has sustained a recent water damage, it is vital to remove excess water and dry the structure promptly. If there is an ongoin moisture problem in the building, it is important to be alert for:
- The presence of visible mold.
- Strong musty odors which may indicate mold is present.
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that might have caused undetected mold growth.
- Excessive humidity.
Mold may also start to propose health concerns. If you feel you have mold please call.
SERVPRO of South Elkhart County has all of your Mold Remediation concerns and needs covered. Call us 24 hours at (574)533-2500 or go to our webpage at http://www.SERVPROsouthelkhartcounty.com
Your home is your safe haven
Your home should be your place to rest. But when water begins leaking, even small leaks in areas you can't see your home quickly becomes a source of stress. The possibility of harmful mold, rot and unseen damage may affect the value of your home and the health of your loved ones.
We at SERVPRO of South Elkhart County understand how disruptive water damages can be for your entire family and will help ensure the water is identified, regardless of where it hides. SERVPRO of South Elkhart County are those Professionals. We are proudly serving our Elkhart County residents 24 hours a day. To reach us day or night, rain or shine call (574)533-2500 or go to our webpage at http://www.SERVPROsouthelkhartcounty.com.