Photo Gallery

Storm damage at church in Elkhart county

Storm damage at church in Elkhart county

A church in Elkhart county was having some roof repairs done when a pop up thunderstorm came through and dumped a lot of water on the unfinished roof. The water came down through the roof and soaked into the insulation and broke through the drywall.

Refrigerator supply line break

Refrigerator supply line break

The refrigerator was moved out away from the wall to clean behind it. When it was pushed back it kinked the water supply line and broke it. Causing damage to the basement ceiling and floor.

Electric fire in Elkhart county

Electric fire in Elkhart county

An Elkhart county house caught on fire from some electrical wires in the attic. The wires are thought to have rubbed against the trusses and rubbed through the insulation of the wire allowing them to touch each other. 

Sump pump failure in Elkhart County

Sump pump failure in Elkhart County

After tons of rainwater the sump pump couldn't keep up and eventually failed. The rain water backed up into the basement and flooded the entire thing with two inches of water. 

Broken water line in Elkhart

Broken water line in Elkhart

A broken water supply line broke in an Elkhart county house. The supply line under the kitchen sink broke and leaked into the basement of the home. Causing damage to the ceiling, carpet, and pad.

Roof leak causes damage

Roof leak causes damage

Heavy thunderstorms and wind caused water to leak under the shingles. The water leaked through the attic and damaged the drywall. The damage went unnoticed for some time and caused mold to grow.

Electric heater fire

Electric heater fire

An Elkhart county house caught on fire from an electric heater. The home owners had some items too close to the heater. The fire caused extensive damage to the entire house.

Wood stove causes house fire

Wood stove causes house fire

A house in Elkhart County caught fire due to a wood burning stove. The home owner was not home at the time of the fire. It is believed a sparked jumped out of the stove and caught the kitchen on fire.

RV catches fire while being repaired

RV catches fire while being repaired

The battery/generator compartment caught fire on this RV while being repaired. The fire followed the wires up into the roof of the RV. The cause of the fire is still a mystery but is thought to be a faulty battery

Fire at Elkhart county church

Fire at Elkhart county church

A fire at a local church caused by spontaneous combustion causes major damage. Some employees were staining some furniture and threw the rags into a pile next to the wall and they combusted.

Roof damage at Elkhart county gas station

Roof damage at Elkhart county gas station

Snow and ice caused damage to the roof at an Elkhart County gas station. The ice dammed up on the roof and took down some shingles with it. the remaining snow on the roof melted and came in through the roof. The water caused the drywall and insulation to fall from the ceiling.

Leaking shower causes mold damage

Leaking shower causes mold damage

A leaking shower at an Elkhart apartment complex went unreported for quite some time and cause a severe mold problem. The tenant failed to inform any maintenance of the existing problem and caused extensive damage to the bathroom. 

Water line burst

Water line burst

A business in Elkhart had a water line freeze in the ceiling and burst. The water cause extensive damage to the drywall and carpet. It is very important to keep an eye on water lines in overhead "partially" heated areas and also water lines in exterior walls.

Duct Cleaning

Duct Cleaning

This photo shows what your duct work may look like after years of not cleaning. Having your ducts cleaned will take loads of stress off of your furnace and make it work more efficiently. It is important to change out filters on your furnace also. Call SERVPRO of South Elkhart County to schedule your duct cleaning today!

(574)533-2500

Mold pattern

Mold pattern

This is a picture that shows many different kinds and colors of mold that you never want to try and take care of yourself. Not all mold looks as scary as this but it doesn't mean it isn't.

The mushroom effect

The mushroom effect

This basement was the perfect breeding ground for the mushrooms you definitely DO NOT want to eat! The level of moisture, and dirt on the carpet made it easy for the mushrooms to feed on the dirty carpet fibers. 

The start of a mold tear out.

The start of a mold tear out.

This picture was taken in basement of a home that was left unattended because no one ever used it. The basement had to be completely stripped and redone because the mold had gotten incredibly bad.

Crazy mold

Crazy mold

This mold was the direct result of the waste line breaking in a basement and covering 600sq. ft. with human feces. The feces had sat for more than a week before the tenant came back from vacation. Everything was removed and the walls were cut out almost three feet up. 

The damages after a horribe fire.

The damages after a horribe fire.

This was the end result in a fire that fell through the floor into a basement that ultimately had to be completely restored. No one was hurt in this awful fire. The total reconstruction took more than three months to finish.

Bad plumbing

Bad plumbing

This is a picture of a basement that had significant water damage due to a short cut that an unlicensed plumber used. Almost half of the ceiling had to be cut out and the homeowner was put out for 5 days. Always check for credentials of any company before they start any job. 

Broken pipes

Broken pipes

This picture is the result of a broken pipe from a home that was not properly winterized. Everyone knows that Michiana weather is more than unpredictable so proper winterization is imperative. This home had to have the entire ground floor gutted and restored.