What To DO (And NOT DO) For Fire & Smoke Damage
- Limit movement in the area to prevent further damage.
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Clearly mark the area with caution signs and safety tape.
- If area is safe, list vital contents for emergency restoration/priority service.
- Be sure your staff wears proper personal protection equipment.
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- Wash off both sides of leaves on indoor plants.
- Change HVAC filters and tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
- Do not attempt to wash walls or painted surfaces without first contacting your SERVPRO Professional.
- Do not attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first contacting your local SERVPRO Professional.
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical appliances, computers, television, radios, etc., that may have been close to fire, heat or water without first contacting an authorized repair service.
If you are dealing with fire and smoke damage, don't go it alone! Give us a call and let us come in and make it "Like it never even happened."