What To Do Until Help Arrives
- Limit movement in the facility to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between office furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Clean any electrical equipment.
- Send clothing to the dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor in to the clothing.
SERVPRO of South Elkhart County has all of your needs covered. Call us at (574)533-2500 or go to our webpage at http://www.SERVPROsouthelkhartcounty.com. Let us be the one to help you make it like it never even happened.