Children and fire
EDUCATING KIDS AND FIRE
- Keepmatches andlighters in a secured drawer or cabinet.
- Have your children tell you when they find matches or lighters.
- Develop a home fire escape plan, practice it with your children and designate a meeting place outside.
- Supervise young children closely. Do not leave them alone even for short periods of time.
- Take the mystery out of fire by teaching children fire is a tool, not a toy.
- Teach children the nature of fire. It is FAST, HOT, DARK and DEADLY.
- Educate on how to stop, drop and roll if their clothes are on fire.
- Show children how to crawl low on the floor, below the smoke, to get out of the house and stay out in case of fire.
- Teach children not to hide or be afraid of firefighters.
Call your local SERVPRO of South Elkhart County at (574)533-2500 or go to our webpage at http://SERVPROsouthelkhartcounty.comfor all your fire and restoration needs.