Fire and Smoke Damage Tips
- Limit movement of people in the structure to prevent soot participles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean. soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place dry, colorfast towels on rugs,upholstery, and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely, and prop doors open to prevent odors.
- Wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim and appliances then protect with light coating lubricant.
- Pour RV antifreeze into sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks and tubs if heat is off during the freezing season.
- Wash off both sides of leaves on indoor plants.
- Change HVAC filter, but leave system off until checked by a trained professional.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
For all your cleaning and restoration needs call SERVPRO of South Elkhart County at 574-533-2500 or go to our webpage at http://www.SERVPROsouthelkhartcounty.com